It's 2015, and I'm going to be running this blog a little differently this year. First off, I want to make it more reflective and idea-based. In addition to games, I plan on posting my thoughts and writings on things game-related. I promise this won't turn into a boring diary. Pinky promise.
Secondly, I have a personal announcement to make.
As of January, I've working full-time as a game designer for Disney Imagicademy, which produces educational games for children ages 3-7. If you've got a kid in that age range, I highly recommend checking it out!
That keeps me pretty busy these days. It also means that I'm learning a lot about iOS development, big studio workings, and other such mysteries. I can't say how that will affect my personal work yet, but I'm brewing up some ideas as we speak...
Lastly, I want to give an emphatic "Thank you" to everyone who's helped and supported me up to this point. In the last six months, I've done more than I thought possible, and it's thanks to:
- Ryan Sandvik, my oft co-conspirator.
- Michael Reed, the hardest working 3-D guy I know.
- Caitlin Hoyt, the illustrator extraordinaire.
- Tom Fulp, of Newgrounds.com.
- John Daskalopoulos, of NotDoppler.com.
- The entire Disney Imagicademy team, who've given me a warm welcome.
- My brother (aka. CynicSama), my harshest and wisest critic.
- Noah Bradley, for inspiring me to work harder.
- Patricia Galvis y Assmus, for teaching me almost everything I know.
- Adobe Flash, my one true love <3
- And finally, everyone reading this. Thank you all!